Thursday, April 1, 2021

I’m Getting Closer To 60 And Really Ready To Retire.

Assalamualaikum and warm greetings to dear colleagues,

I have been working in Radiology Department since I was 24 years old. It was in 1985. Over the years of working from the age of 24 to 60, I've seen various advances in the field of radiography from conventional radiography in the middle of the 80s then transformed into digital radiography. Computed radiography (CR) has supplanted x-ray film radiography in the department. Digital Radiography with the addition of computer technology has become a much more efficient, cost effective and even more safer of producing diagnostic images.

After 35 and a half years, I've been the longest serving employee in the department so far. it's time for me to step away or retire from my current job as Medical Technician. I'm really ready to retire. Getting ready to retire is not just about finances, it is about being emotionally ready as well.

My last day of work will be on 23rd April 2021 that will falls on friday. Friday will be an off day (weekend), so my last day of working will be the day before which is on Thursday 22nd April 2021

Today is the day I start counting the number of the days left… and the number of working days until my retirement. The working days will exclude public holidays and weekends, that is friday and saturday.  

As time went on and retirement got closer. I took some time to reflect on my long career with the radiology department, and all the colleagues I have ever met and the experiences I have gone through over the years. I felt happy and a bit excited...

COUNT DOWN THE DAYS LEFT Allah SWT said in Surah Al-Ahzab verse 3, it means: 

"And put your trust in Allah, for Allah is sufficient as a Trustee of Affairs."


This life is a test, both in good times and bad. I alway put my trust in Allah, trusting in Allah’s plan is known as tawakkaltu ‘alallah (توكلت على الله).


Allah is the Best Sustainer and there is no power and effort but the help of Allah who is Almighty and Great.

May Allah SWT grant eternal success in this life and the hereafter... آمين

No comments:

Post a Comment